We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Are you friendly, creative, flexible, resilient and optimistic?
If so, you are who we are looking for to join our team in the Geraldton area. We are looking for additional team member’s to provide support to a lady who requires high care support to remain living in her own family home.
Applicants should be passionate about providing support in a person centred manner, and respecting the choices and values of the customer. Our customer would prefer a female to support her and enjoys spending time with her family. Family connects are extremely important to this customer as is her faith and attending church. She enjoys shopping, eating out and being a part of the community. She is a very respected Elder.
If you have an enthusiastic and positive outlook, are reliable, can show initiative, like a challenge and care about people living at home in their community then we would love you to be part of her team.
Hours are Monday to Sunday 8.15am to 12.45pm and 3.30pm to 8.00pm (hours shared among the team).
The supports will involve, but are not restricted to:
- Household tasks, personal care, manual tasks and community access
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual
- Problem solving issues with the individual, family and the Support Worker team
What we require:
- Support work experience in Aged Care/Disability/Mental Health is desirable
- Able to be reliable and flexible to meet needs of the customer
- Ability to think positively and use initiative to problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to work on weekends
- Hold a current driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are essential
In return, successful candidates will receive a hourly rate of $25.90 plus super including the option of salary packaging! Other benefits include the payment of travel time, a travel allowance of 76 cents per kilometre between supports and great training opportunities.
Please note interviews maybe held prior to the closing date.
Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
To be considered for this role you must attach an updated resume and a cover letter as one document.