Jurien Bay/Cervantes/Green Head
Are you friendly, creative, flexible, resilient and optimistic?
If so you are who we are looking for to join our team in the Jurien Bay area. We are looking for someone to provide support on a Wednesday from 9.30am to 1.30pm every week as well as provide leave coverage at other times.
Avivo is passionate about supporting people to live as valued citizens. We work in partnership with people to develop innovative and flexible supports that assist them to lead their lives as they choose.
We are looking for a friendly, flexible and caring Support Worker to join our team. The role will work across a broad spectrum of care needs, assisting individuals to remain living within their community and to achieve their future goals.
If you are the person who could be part of this team then you will need to be reliable, have a positive outlook, and be happy to use your initiative. You will become a valued team player.
The work would involve, but is no restricted to, supporting customers with:
- Providing personal care, social support, community access and domestic assistance
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual and their family
- Problem solving issues with the individuals and the Support Worker team
What we require:
- Experience in Disability/Autism is desirable but not essential
- You are reliable, flexible and possess a positive attitude
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Hold a current driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are essential
Applicants must live in or close to Jurien Bay
Salary is a starting rate of $27.40 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation. You will also be paid travel time and kilometres and receive comprehensive training.
The closing date for applications is Friday 31st May 2019.
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
To be considered for this role you must attach an updated resume and a cover letter as one document.